Saturday, June 12, 2010

How To Choose A Log Cabin Kit

The number one question I get is, "What log cabin company did you use"?

That is a good question because building a log cabin kit is a huge investment. There is no one answer that fits all because things always change. We all live in different places. What works for one might not be a perfect fit for someone else.

That's why we are working on an e-book that contains everything I learned from researching and choosing my log cabin kit.

I hope my experience in going from total greenie to successful cabin builder will be helpful.

I was a suburban mother and housewife who wanted to move to the country and build my own house. My father was a builder and I had a strong desire to build my own home. I knew I would be the builder of whatever I chose, because my husband is not a builder, can't build.

In fact he looked me in the face and asked if I thought I could really do it because he won't be any help at all. I said I could because I was so determined. I wanted my farm and cabin. I feel blessed that he was willing to go along on the journey, but the work was up to me.

I did a years worth of research on the Internet, reading everything on log cabins before I chose my log cabin kit, now with my "How To Choose A Log Cabin" e-book I hope I can save you time, money, and stress if you want to build a log cabin too. The point is if I can do it you can too!!

Happy Homesteading!
-Becky

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    My husband and I have been doing research on building our own log cabin and would like to read your e-book. However, we do not feel comfortable with any payment form other than paypal. Will you accept paypal payments?
    Sincerely,
    Windy S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been such an inspiration to me. I have bought my two acres and have big plans, but it will take some time as my kids are still small, but definately want them to enjoy the lifestyle.
    However, the main reason for my comment is 'WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?'

    ReplyDelete