Saturday, December 11, 2010

HARD AT WORK ADVANCING THE HOMESTEAD

Hi, It's a lot of work getting a productive homestead up and running, and I am the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker all in one. I now have a hog for meat. My younger son James and I are going to butcher it our selves. We want to make the sausage too, Also smoke the bacon and ham. I am also building a new bigger chicken coupe and a new goat pen. The next time I show the homestead it will look a lot different. Stay tuned. Becky

5 comments:

  1. Becky..,
    where are you. Miss your updates on the homestead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky..,
    Where are you? Miss the updates and videos from the homestead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie. That's so nice of you to say. I have been working to get this homestead more productive. (in food that is) I want more hens, so I have been building a bigger coupe and a dairy goat pen. Two doe kids will be coming in May. Can't wait!!! I now have a hog out there. The country pace is much slower than the rat race because it's not a race. I get to enjoy the homestead and the neighbors as I go. I got a flatbed trailer full of granite from my neighbor FREE. That took some time and work to unload. I have great plans to build a large mosaic terrace. Stay tuned we will be showing it all soon! Happy Homesteading Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky I have been wondering where you are on facebook it would be cool to have you on there to join in on homesteading groups and pages. You could share your posts with everyone on there I have already post a few videos and people love you same as I do. Looking forward to a new video! Also if you don't mind please follow my blog. -TBF-Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie Bell. I don't spend that much time on the computer, I am mostly outside doing stuff. My son Scott is the director, producer, computer guy for Becky's Homestead, but I will try. Becky

    ReplyDelete